I’m sure you already have heard about TikTok, nowadays it has become an incredibly popular and hottest app with the 13-18-year-old demographic on the planet. It is also known as Douyin in China which is owned by the Chinese company ByteDance. It is very hard to find someone who has not heard about TikTok. It is popular for all ages for making and sharing short videos which are tall, not square and you can see it by scrolling up and down.
It has become very popular worldwide after it merged with another Chinese social media service Musical.ly, a social media video platform that allowed users to create short Lip-sync and comedy videos. The main purpose of Musical.ly was user-generated videos that combined popular songs with videos from the users.
It has a special feature to search for sounds to make your videos. Users can also connect with other users through “response” videos or can duplicate videos and add themselves through “duet”. It also has surprising features of hashtags which can play a large role on TikTok.
It Is Available for Which?
TikTok is a free-for-all and making a video is very easy from popular short clips of videos like dance, comedy, and education from different media with an enormous range of sounds and its duration is 15 seconds to one minute (three minutes for some users).
What Is Special About It?
When you open an account on TikTok, your account is public by default, so anyone can see your videos, send your direct message and use your location information. For anyone, over the age of 20 years, this content has no relevance. The biggest draw of TikTok is the ability to post about anything like humor, hobbies, fitness, travel, music, photography, and dance; every category is open and attaining massive attention. There is also educational, aspirational, and business-oriented content. There is a vast market of people looking for micro-entertainment and destruction for a few minutes during the boring time of his day. Any interesting or appalling video quickly reaches the “For You” page and gains millions of views.
Why Is It Popular?
- The setup function is very easy to understand, the concept is very cool and convenient to use.
- It has an option to share videos up to one minute long.
- Very easier to edit and upload content than any other app.
- It is a unique and very nice app for the younger generation.
- The most popular feature is creating videos with lip-syncing and dancing.
- It has a feature to create a video based on the comments.
- Users can send videos, emojis, and can direct messages to their friends.
- Live features are available for over 1000 followers users and its virtual gift option can be changed for money. Here, you can get more TikTok followers.
- Anyone can join a dare-like challenge or participate in a dance meme or make a joke.
- Various tunes are found in its short video clips like- Pop, Rap, R&B, Electro, and DJ tracks.
- Sound can also be taken from YouTube music videos.
- Sometimes it presents an alternative version of online sharing.
- Its video editing is incredibly simple, you don’t need to be a video expert.
- It has a quick and easy understanding service.
- In 2019 TikTok has been downloaded over one billion times.
Is It Safe for Kids?
Using any social network can be risky but TikTok is possible for kids to safely use the app with an adult version. TikTok has a “family safety mode” through which parents can control their children’s digital well-being. It has a screen time management option, restricted mode and can put a limit on direct message. Anyone can use it alone with his child and can control the content of the videos they create and the videos they watch as well as the account privately.
Popular Media to Grow a Business:
TikTok is also starting to test in-app advertising and is being eyed by agencies as a result. It is one of the popular media to run ads for anyone brand and it is simple to connect to the e-commerce store and to set it up and start. It is very useful to sell any product and spread one’s branding thus helps to grow one’s business. So, day by day it has become very popular for all classes of people all over the world.